Kenneth Freed, Music Director

follow us: Mailing List Sign Up YouTube instagram

Donate

Give Online:

Make a one time or sustaining (monthly) donation of any amount

Donate to Mankato Symphony Orchestra

The Mankato Symphony Orchestra has been a community treasure for over 67 years. We are commited to bring a exceptional level of music and devoted to creating a bond between our musicians and audience by offering as many public performances as possible and making them accessible to the community. The MSO has also been a valuable community asset by making a difference in both adult and young children's musical education. 

The MSO needs to continue to maintain and improve the artistc/performance excellence and expand the education programs. This means having the ability to keep high level professionals like Kenneth Freed as Music Director and Sara Buechmann as Executive Director, both critical for us to grow.

Funding the future is the number one challenge facing the MSO at this time. The economy has led to decreased level of contributions and grant income, however, our expense has incresed as prices go up. This means that we are in great need of support.

Ticket sales, along with advertising and grants only provide 45% of our budget. For the other 55%, we rely on sponsorships and contributions. Sponsorships and contributions allow us to sustain the MSO and its high level of music.

Make a Contribution by Mail:

Download the form below, print it out and send it with cash or check to:

Mankato Symphony Orchestra
PO Box 645
Mankato, MN 56002-0645

Download Form Here

Make an In Kind Donation:

Support the Symphony with office supplies, gift cards, equipment, and services. Call 507-625-8880 to see if your donation can help.

We are currently seeking:

Pastel and brightly colored office paper
Standard sized mailing labels
White card stock
Tablets/e-readers/laptop computers in good working condition
MP3/CD players and speakers
Hotel stays for guest artists
Gift certificates for restaurants and grocery stores
Gift certificates for gas
Black and colored rectangular and square tablecloths
Printing services
Advertising credit at regional newspapers/radio/tv stations
Reusable display materials

 

Legacy Fund Information

The Mankato Symphony Orchestra Legacy Fund (formerly Endowment Fund) was established in 1989 to build a secure financial foundation for the orchestra. The Legacy Fund’s earnings maintain such programs as the annual youth concerts and scholarships for worthy music students. By contributing to the Legacy Fund, you provide a steady stream of earnings that assure the MSO’s continued excellence for future generations.

A permanent memorial listing in the MSO Legacy Fund requires a donation of $5,000 or more. This donation can be made all at once, or as a series of payments over a five year time period. The donation can be made by an individual or by a group.

Legacy Fund contributions have been received in memory of the following people:

Miss Julia Hub                        Cecil H. Jones                         Blanche L. Barnhart

Dr. Anna Wiecking                 Spike Haskell                          Edward Epple

Fabian and Lola Herian          Dr. Herbert E. Owen              Ledlie Lloyd

Mrs. Blanche K.  Jacobsen      Pamela Blethen Pike               Emma Wiecking

Miss Adelaide Linnell             Gerald A. Dotson                   Mary Tryhus

Dr. Howard M. Van Sickle     Mrs. Bessie Kitsis                   Katherine Ulmen

Coral (Toy) Wilson Blethen    Charles C. Johnson                 Jean Jaax

B. W. (Buzz) Kough               Hubert (Hub) Mehr                 Wally Jaax

Arden and Marguerite Hesla  Jerry Udelhofen

 

We encourage you to consult your attorney or financial advisor to establish a trust, gift or bequest benefitting the MSO Legacy Fund. Your support is an investment in the future of the arts in our region.

For information about our finances, budget, spending policies, and organizational health we invite you to call us at 507-625-8880 and set up a meeting or request documentation. Our 990 forms are publicly available at Guidestar.org.